Translating your website
Updated 1 month ago
If you want to apply several languages on your website you need to use multi-lingual plugins. It's not possible to have a multi-lingual website without 3rd-party plugins.
Any Impreza website has strings (words and phrases) from the following sources:
- Your content, which is manually added
- WordPress built-in strings
- Impreza built-in strings
- Plugins built-in strings
The translation of built-in strings is automatically applied when you change the language in the “Site Language” option at Settings > General:
What do I need to translate English words into my language? #
If you applied your language (in Settings > General > Site Language), but your website still shows English words, just follow:
- Check if a word can be changed manually via theme or elements settings.
- Use the Loco Translate plugin, it allows translating built-in Impreza and some 3rd-party plugins' words.
When you adding new language via Loco Translate plugin, use the "languages/themes/..." file location:
The "languages/loco/themes/..." file location is not working with Impreza.
Impreza translations #
Impreza has the following translations in the package:
- Brazilian Portuguese
Also, not fully translated at the moment:
Theme translations for these languages are made by Impreza buyers in the POEditor project. Join the project, after that you can:
- Translate the untranslated strings to your language with other people
- Update or fix the existing translated strings
- Download the translation file of your language
We update all translations from this project in every Impreza update. Note that we don't moderate translations.
To translate Impreza to a language not listed in the POEditor use the Loco Translate plugin.
Technically, there are 3 types of translations in the Impreza:
- Impreza-related translations with "us" text domain
- WordPress core without text domain, these translations are made by the WordPress community
- With the plugin's text domain (for example, "woocommerce") these translations are made by the authors of those plugins