How to make a multi-lingual website?
Updated 1 month ago
Zephyr is 100% compatible with following multi-lingual plugins:
How to use Zephyr with WPML #
Find more information about WPML itself in the Getting started guide.
Important WPML Components #
You can enhance your site translation process using the String Translation addon. This component helps you to translate anything that doesn’t fall inside posts, pages or taxonomy. This includes the site’s tagline, general texts in Admin screens, widget titles and many other texts.
How to set different logos and translate Header items using WPML? #
- Make sure you have the latest version of WPML plugin installed.
- Install the "WPML String Translation" plugin from WPML from the official page.
- Navigate to WPML > Theme and plugins localization select the "Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation" option and click on the Save button.
- Navigate to WPML > String Translation, select from "Select strings within domain" list "admin_text_usof_options_Zephyr".
- Find logo in the list below, click on "translations" link:
In opened window change the image ID and click on "Save" button:
- That's it, now you have a different logo for another language.
How to show a Language Switcher in a Header? #
Zephyr contains the Dropdown element, that can show a language switcher.
How can I make my logo linked to a proper page on a multi-language site? #
You can add the [lang] shortcode to the "Link" field of any element. This shortcode will be automatically replaced with the relevant language slug.