How to Improve Pages Loading Speed
Updated 1 month ago
There are a few recommendations, which help you to increase your site pages loading speed.
- Try to use as less plugins as possible. Many plugins with frontend additional features load their resources, like Ultimate Addons, which is NOT recommended to use.
- Go to Zephyr > Theme Options > Advanced > Website Performance, and turn ON all options, except Lazy Load, it's optional since WordPress 5.5 has built-in lazy loading:
- At the same page enable Optimize JS and CSS size option and then click on Auto Optimize button, which removes extra resources on the site frontend:
- If you're using Slider Revolution plugin (but we don't recommend it, if you care about loading speed), go to Slider Revolution> Globals and apply the next settings there:
- Install and activate a caching plugin. We recommend using the WP Super Cache, it's available in Zephyr > Addons admin page. There're a lot of other caching plugins like WP Rocket, W3 Total Cache, so you can try them out.
- Install an image optimizer plugin to optimize images in Media Library. We recommend Smush Image Compression and Optimization, it's available in Zephyr > Addons admin page.
- If you have a lot of traffic on your site it will be good practice to use CDN, we recommend CloudFlare, it has a free plan with all basic features.
- Always check your website performance and know some tips to improve it at GTmetrix and Google PageSpeed Insights.