How to Improve Pages Loading Speed
Updated 2 months ago
There are a few recommendations, which help you to increase your website loading speed.
- Try using AS FEWER PLUGINS AS POSSIBLE. Many plugins with frontend additional features load their resources (like Ultimate Addons, which is NOT recommended to use). Every single resource (CSS or JS file) from a 3rd-party plugin decreases page loading speed.
- Go to Zephyr > Theme Options > General and disable the "Preloader Screen" option because this allows displaying meaningful content on page load.
- Go to Zephyr > Theme Options > Button Styles and remove extra styles that you're not using. Every single Button Style adds many CSS properties and increases the size of the final CSS file.
- Go to Zephyr > Theme Options > Advanced > Website Performance, and turn ON all options:
- On the same page enable Optimize JS and CSS size option and then click the Auto Optimize button, which removes extra resources on the site frontend:
Click the Auto Optimize button every time you add a new element to your website content in order to regenerate styles and scripts so that the element works as intended.
- If you're using the Slider Revolution plugin (which is NOT recommended, if you care about loading speed), go to Slider Revolution > Global Settings and apply the next settings there:
- Install and activate a caching plugin. We recommend using the WP Super Cache, it's available in Zephyr > Addons admin page. There're a lot of other caching plugins like WP Rocket, W3 Total Cache, so you can try them out.
- If you're using the WP Rocket plugin, you need to disable its "Lazy Loading" feature, because all images/videos/iframes are using the WordPress built-in lazy-load mechanic.
- Install an image optimizer plugin to optimize images in Media Library. We recommend Smush Image Compression and Optimization.
- If you have a lot of traffic on your site it will be good practice to use CDN, we recommend CloudFlare, it has a free plan with all basic features.
- Always check your website performance and know some tips to improve it at GTmetrix and Google PageSpeed.
The "Eliminate Render Blocking Resources" issue may appear in some cases after following all of the above steps. And resolution is only possible with individual CSS styles created manually based on your page content, it's currently not possible to automate this in the Zephyr or any other plugin.