How to Create Menus
Updated 5 months ago
Creating a Menu #
Zephyr uses default WordPress menu functionality. Read the WordPress Menu User Guide.
Adding attributes to Menu links #
Use the built-in WordPress fields for menu items, you can enable them in the "Screen Options" block:
Customizing Header Menu appearance #
Customizing Header Menu dropdown #
Dropdown Settings are only available for the 1st level items with sub-items. Go to Appearance > Menus and click on the "Dropdown Settings" link:
Adjust settings in the opened window:
- Width - set either Full Width or Custom Width in px (by default Full Width equals the Site Content Width from Theme Options > Layout Options)
- Dropdown from - select the Header if you need the sub-items drop from the Header instead of parent menu item
- Dropdown to - select where the drop-down list with sub-items will drop down: to the Left, to the Center, to the Right
- Columns for sub-items - set a number of columns to be shown from 1 to 6
- Inner indents (padding) - set custom padding around a dropdown content
- Background Color - assign a custom Background Color
- Text Color - assign a custom Text Color
- Background Image - assign a custom background image and adjust its settings
- Mobile Menu - allows to override the "Show dropdown by click on" for a separate menu item
Note if a 2nd level item has 3rd level items, it transforms to a “heading view” item:
If not — all 2nd level items display as usual:
Adding a Menu to a Footer or a page content #
To add a menu to a specific content area use the Simple Menu element of WPBakery Page Builder:
Adding a button to a Menu #
To transform any 1st level menu item (not sub item) to a button view, go to Appearance > Menus and select the desired Button Style from the dropdown.
Adding an icon to a Menu Item #
You can add an icon to your menu via adding <i class="fas fa-star"></i> at “Navigation Label” field of the menu item.
Change the fa-star to any other icon name from the FontAwesome list.
Adding a Page Block as a Menu Item #
Select one of the Page Blocks and add it as a Menu Item:
Uncheck the "Exclude Rows and Columns" box in order to keep the Page Block layout
Fallback Menu Location #
Zephyr 4.6.2 and above includes one Custom Menu location, it's a fallback location for 3-rd party plugins such as UberMenu, DigiMember etc. You don't need use this option in most cases.
Once the checkbox is checked, go to either Zephyr > Theme Options > Header Options > Menu Options (if the Header Builder is deactivated) or to Zephyr > Headers, edit the desired header, and select the corresponding menu, its name should contain Custom Menu in parentheses.