Updated 1 year 7 months ago
What does theme activation mean? #
It's a really simple process that will allow you to verify that you're using your Zephyr in accordance with the original ThemeForest license. Put simply, it proves your purchase.
It's an important thing that allows us to provide you with additional capabilities (you can read about them below) and at the same time not to violate 3-rd parties' licenses.
What will I benefit from activating my Zephyr? #
- White Label feature. Read about it.
- Demo Import. After theme activation you could import any content and theme options used in our Zephyr demos
- Fast one-click theme updates. Some updates are bound to be urgent: sometimes we fix critical errors or provide compatibility with sudden updates of 3-rd party software. During these heating hours you'll be able to update the theme (from our own servers) sooner than it will be available on ThemeForest. You will receive default WordPress notification about new available Zephyr version.
- Fast one-click addons installation. After theme activation you could install the needed addons via a single click!
- More frequent addons updates. Before this, when we wanted to update some addon, we had to update the theme itself too. And now you are able to update addons separately (from our own servers), which will allow you to receive new versions of them sooner than we decide to update the theme itself.
How can I activate my Zephyr? #
We did our best to make this process as simple as possible:
- In WordPress admin dashboard open Zephyr > About page
- Click Activate Zephyr button
- You will be redirected to this Support Portal via Envato (ThemeForest) login
- Select from the dropdown license you wish to activate
- After activation you will be redirected back to your site and receive activation confirmation
If you see a note that Zephyr Child is not activated, go to Appearance > Themes, switch to main Zephyr theme and try activating once again.
Can I activate Zephyr on a temporary (development) domain? #
Yes, you can activate your license on any temporary or local environment for development purposes, as long as it meets ThemeForest license agreements, note that single license can activate only one site. Once the site is built on a temporary environment you can transfer it using 3d party migration plugin (All-in-one-WP-Migration is a preferable one), then deactivate a license on your Licenses page and reactivate it on your live site.
You can manage all licenses on your Licenses page, specifically:
- view all purchased licenses of UpSolution themes
- view for what website the license were activated
- deactivate already activated license
Can I use my Zephyr without activation? #
Yes, you can. Everything you need for a quick start is available without activation: you can install Zephyr, install the WPBakery Page Builder addon. But there are the following limitations:
- not activated theme doesn't allow to use Demo Import
- not activated theme won't receive fast updates, so you can update the theme manually only
- not activated theme doesn't allow install its addons via a single click, so you can install them manually only
- not activated theme won't receive fast updates for its addons, so you can update them manually only