Using WPML with the Theme
Updated 2 months ago
WPML makes it easy to run a multilingual website with a single WordPress installation. It comes with over 40 languages. You can also add your own language variants (like Canadian French or Mexican Spanish) using WPML’s languages editor. You can arrange different language contents in the same domain (in language directories), in sub-domains or in completely different domains.
Impreza is 100% compatible with WPML, read the official WPML guide: Build Multilingual Websites Using The Impreza Theme and WPML.
Find more information in getting started guide on WPML website.
Important WPML Components #
You can enhance your site translation process using the next addon:
String Translation. This component helps you to translate anything that doesn’t fall inside posts, pages or taxonomy. This includes the site’s tagline, general texts in Admin screens, widget titles and many other texts. More information here: module activation & first steps and slugs translation
Language Switcher in a Header #
Impreza contains the special Dropdown header element, that supports WPML, so you can set up language switcher in Header Builder.
How to set different logos and translate Header items using WPML? #
- Make sure you have the latest version of WPML plugin installed.
- Install the "WPML String Translation" plugin from WPML from official page.
- Navigate to WPML > Theme and plugins localization select "Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation" option and click on the Save button.
- Navigate to WPML > String Translation, select from "Select strings within domain" list "admin_text_usof_options_Impreza".
- Find logo in the list below, click on "translations" link:
In opened window change image ID and click on "Save" button:
- That's it, now you have a different logo for another language.